Controlling the dimensions of the photos you post can help you get more likes but also get better click rates on your Instagram ads and reduce the cost of campaigns.
Also, a profile image optimized to be correctly visible in the newsfeed can be seen at a glance by your subscribers when one of your photos is displayed.
The dimensions of images on Instagram:
- Size of the square photos on Instagram: 1080 x 1080 pixels (640 x 640 pixels display) (square image, 1 for 1 ratio)
- Size of the portraits photos on Instagram: 1080 pixels of maximum width (display 480 x 600 pixels maximum) (ratio 4: 5) (920 × 1200 on retina screens)
- Size of landscape photos on Instagram: 1080 pixels maximum width (display 600 x 450 pixels maximum) (4: 3 ratio)
- Size of Instagram Stories: 750 x 1334 pixels (maximum duration 15 seconds)
- Size of Instagram profile photos: 110 x 110 pixels (square image, 1 for 1 ratio)
- Size of the miniature photos on the Instagram profile: 161 x 161 pixels
The size of the videos on Instagram:
- Maximum size of landscape video display on Instagram: 600 x 336.5 pixels (16: 9 ratio) (1200 × 673 in large or retina screens)
- Maximum size for displaying portraits videos on Instagram: 481 × 599,484 pixels
- Instagram video size: 3 to 15 seconds